1CEU: “The Dental Hygienist, Airway Maintenance, Myofunctional Therapy, and More”
Back by popular demand, Dr. Martin Denbar will be discussing oral appliance therapy, myofunctional therapy, and how to diagnose breathing/sleeping disorders.
Dr. Denbar has been involved with the field of airway management since 1995 when he introduced the field of Oral Appliance Therapy to Central Texas. He has been a Diplomate with the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine since 1999, is presently an Assistant Clinical Professor at Texas A&M School of Medicine and has lectured and published on a local, regional and national basis. His presentations have ranged from study groups, Dental and Nursing Schools and medical and dental professional society meetings. In 2014 Dr. Martin Denbar became the creator and founder of High Performance Breathing Technology, LLC (HPBT). He combined two separate proven treatment modalities into an enhanced training protocol that allows for significant improvement in endurance, stamina, mental acuity and performance that is drug-free.
1CEU: “One Simple Change”
Bettina Baumhogger, RDH, talk us through the One Simple Change that we can make in our own lives, and share with our patients, to jump-start a journey to better health. She will discuss how simple changes made in our diet and nutrition today, can lead to great health benefits down the road.
Bettina has been practicing dental hygiene for seven years and has over 10 years of experience in the dental field. She currently works and resides in the suburbs of Houston.
Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
at The Triangle
815 W 47th St, Austin, TX 78751
Saturday, May 14, 2016
– Get there early to check out our raffle items and visit with our sponsors.
– Famished? Thirsty? Get there early to order some pub grub (check out there menu online) and libations.
2 hours of CEU is FREE for ADHA members
$40 for RDH non-members (cash or check)
$45 for DDS, $35 for dental assistants
Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com!
Candidate for President-Elect
- Served as Vice-President of the Austin District Dental Hygienists’ Society (ADDHS)
- Organized CEs by contacting speakers & sponsors, and managing logistics of meeting time and spaces
- Served as President of Texas Woman’s University Student Chapter of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (SCADHA) her Senior year
- Participated at Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association (TDHA) Annual Session her Senior year as a Student Delegate
Vice-President of SCADHA her Junior year
Class of 2013, Texas Woman’s University, B.S. in Dental Hygiene
Estela works in Northwest Austin and lives with her husband, Justin, & their adorable little boy
Candidate for Vice-President
- 29 years’ experience as a proud working member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA)
- Served as delegate at Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association (TDHA) Annual Session on four occasions
- Educated state legislators about current dental hygiene issues at Legislative Awareness Day
- Participated at Sealants Across Texas, serving the Austin community
- Class of 1986, Bee County College, A.S. in Dental Hygiene
- Class of 1981, San Antonio College, Dental Assisting Program
- Married to her husband, Chris, for 29 years, and raised her two children in Southwest Austin – a family of Austin High School grads; Loyal Maroons Forever!
Candidate for Secretary
- Served one term as Membership Officer, two terms as delegate at the Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association (TDHA) Annual Session
- Participated in Legislative Awareness Day 2015
- Regularly volunteers in community events, both related & unrelated to dental hygiene & our association, and supports Governmental Affairs Committee actions through block-walking for legislative candidates
- Class of 2012, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, B.S. in Dental Hygiene
- Class of 2005, The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Liberal Arts (Major: Philosophy)
- Currently, taking med school prerequisites at Austin Community College
- Works in a public health clinic in Kyle, but lives/plays in South Central Austin with her husband, Patrick, their two bunnies
- Interested in grooming your leadership skills and potentially serving our local component? We are looking for volunteers to be mentored in Membership, Treasurer, & Trustee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or approach an officer at our meeting if you’d like to learn more.